Check this out...
I am looking for work. Yes, as a writer- a versatile, talented, creative, strategic, intelligent, clever, resourceful WRITER. I want to be paid. I want to work with words, people and projects. Doesn't seem too far fetched until you discover what the economy has done to deteriorate my value in the market...
We are an engineering society; non-profit under the IRS code 501 (c)(3). We work with science and engineer members from about 50 countries. We organize and hold very successful large annual international conference and several biennial symposia alternating in North America, Europe and Asia, and publish conference/symposium proceedings of peer-reviewed papers. We also publish a quarterly scholarly journal of peer-reviewed papers.
We are looking for a mature, self-motivated, highly-organized, detail-oriented individual with fluent English (both writing and speaking) to work in a small, professional office environment.
Some of the duties for the society operation and conference include:
• Support Executive Director and editor-in-chief with various tasks
• Work independently as well as with other staff
• Copyediting and some Web/Editing
• Help prepare conference/symposium programs and put together conference/symposium proceedings, updating the existing templates.
• Logging in abstracts, papers, reviews and related files
• Communicating with authors, peer reviewers, editors, printing company staff and Society members
• Interfacing with printers and vendors
• Processing of publications orders received by email, phone, fax or postal mail
• Travel to conference site once or twice a year to oversee onsite management (about one week at a time)
• Data entry and maintenance of database files
Some of the requirements are:
• 4-year college degree from a U.S. university or college.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access), Acrobat, and working knowledge of HTML and Web/Editing tools etc.
• Good working knowledge of Web/internet
• Professional copy writing and editing experience
• Typing speed of 60 WPM or better
International, cultural understanding is helpful, library experience and a little bit of understanding Japanese or Korean can be a plus, though not required.
The position is part-time to begin with (about 6 hours per day with flexible hours) and can lead to a full time position.
• Compensation depending on qualification
• Location: Mountain View office
• Principals only
• No phone calls
* Compensation: depending on qualification
* This is at a non-profit organization.
* Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
* Please, no phone calls about this job!
* Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
9 months ago